Gretton Past and Present
The Old Schoolhouse
The Old Schoolhouse, in 1970
Though the above photograph was taken as recently as 1970, the school had probably changed very little since it was built in the 1853 by Lord Winchilsea, the Lord of the Manor.
In 1908 a new Council School was opened on a new site in Kirby Road and the above building became a church hall. It finally became a private house and was much altered in the 1970s.
The former school, in 1999
Gretton - A Northamptonshire Village