The brick building with a small door at the end of troughs was the fire engine house. Public subscription raised over £300 in 1858 to purchase a London-type hand-pumped horse-drawn fire engine. A volunteer brigade of 10 men was established and practices were held every two months. Its services were available free to those who had subscribed.
Gretton - A Northamptonshire Village